The k6 Test Builder allows you to utilize a graphical interface to create a k6 test.
Based on your input, the test builder will automatically generate the k6 script for you. Once done, you can copy the script and run the test from the CLI.
Note: you need a k6 Cloud account to use the test builder. However, it is free to use, and you do not need an active subscription to utilize this feature.
Although we strongly believe that scriptable/code-based tools will help you get the most out of your performance testing efforts, a GUI-based tool like the test builder could benefit you in:
- Speeding up the test creation.
- Learning quickly the k6 API.
- Collaborating on building tests with non-coders.
1 - Login into the k6 Cloud.
2 - On the sidebar menu, click the Create New Test button.
3 - Select Test builder.
4 - Now, you can start building your k6 test using the graphical interface.
We are continuously improving and adding new capabilities to the test builder. A few of the most prominent features are:
- Configure ramping (aka stages) using VUs and duration.
- Configure load zones to run from the k6 Cloud.
- Add a request and name it for better description.
- Change the URL/Endpoint.
- Change the HTTP METHOD using the drop down menu.
- Specify Headers.
- Specify Query Parameters.
- Specify a request body (JSON, Text, or File Content) for POST/PUT/PATCH requests.
- Reorganize requests by clicking and dragging.
- Duplicate or delete requests when hovering over a specific request.
- Define the thresholds of your test.
- Add a check on a request response.
- Add sleep time between requests.
- Add a group to the test.
- Populate the test builder with the recorded requests using the browser recorder.
- Populate the test builder with the requests included in a HAR file.
- Capture a variable when dealing with dynamic data, such as authentication tokens.
- Show examples for better onboarding.
- Toggle the view mode to see or copy the generated k6 script.
- Run the test on the k6 Cloud.