The first month of the year draws to an end. High time for an update from your trusted load testing provider!
🙌 v0.36.0 released
k6 v0.36.0 is here! Introducing new features which enhance its usability: support Source Maps for better error debugging and a new JS API to abort tests. It also includes some fixes, a breaking change to the open file API, and an update for extension developers. To the release notes!
✨ New: k6 Cloud App plugin for Grafana
The k6 Cloud app for Grafana makes your testing accessible in Grafana and easier to correlate QA data with other metrics of your applications and infrastructure.
🇧🇭 🇿🇦 🇯🇵 🇮🇹 New load zone regions
Bahrain, Cape Town, Milan, and Osaka are now available for your Cloud tests. You can start running tests from the new load zones to simulate real-world traffic and more realistic testing from these regions.
Check out the API names for the new load zones.
🔒 Read-only permission
You can now choose what kind of access to grant to members of k6 Cloud projects. The new Read-Only permission restricts the access to only view tests and test results of the selected project. Assign permission to users who need to access the results, but should not make changes to your setup.
🥽 Improved UI for k6 Scenarios
Scenarios was a significant project and a major milestone in recent k6 history. The Scenarios feature allows the modeling of diverse load patterns in the same test for more advanced testing.
The improved test result view is more elegant and practical when visualizing the results of multiple scenarios. Start comparing the results.
We also did a major overhaul to the Test Builder to support creating tests with multiple scenarios.
⚙️ Automation Guild
Nicole van der Hoeven and Leandro Melendez will both speak at the 6th annual online Automation Guild event, where top E2E automation experts in the industry come together to share key insights to help you build better software faster - coming on Feb 7-11th, 2022. Use our unique discount code k6-20 to save 20% on the ticket price.
🤝 We're #hiring
A quick look at our blog tells you we've added a few new faces to the team recently. And we’re still looking for new colleagues: k6.io/jobs
- Tim Haselaars on their contributions to the Postman-to-k6 converter Twitter #APIs
- Writing k6 load tests using GitHub Copilot Medium #AI #automation
- How observability-driven development with OpenTelemetry, the Grafana Stack, and k6 can drive infrastructure innovation Grafana blog
- 3 Key Advantages When Compared to JMeter TTC Global #VUs
- Turning data into understandable insights with K6 load testing Medium
- Load testing AccelByte Cloud for 500k+ CCU AccelByte
📺 Must watch:
- Marie Drake explains and demos how to do performance testing using open source k6
- @vfarcic tries out k6 on the DevOps Toolkit channel
- Watch our Office Hours on-demand, like this one about load testing emergency services
- The k6 team.