End-to-end browser testing and load testing in the same k6 script
- Ignores user experience as it only focuses on what is happening on the backend, not the frontend
- Scripts can get lengthy to create if you are trying to mimic complex user flows
- More difficult to maintain as your website grows
- Frontend performance does not look under the hood
- Without load, it does not test under traffic conditions
- Browser-level load testing is resource intensive and costly
Run a bulk of load on the protocol-level and spin up a few virtual users at the browser level
for a hybrid approach and get a holistic view of your application's performance
Get insights to your user experience by also capturing browser performance metrics alongside existing protocol metrics.
Browser-based performance testing can catch issues related to browsers that won't be detected on the protocol-level.
Developers, test automation engineers, SDETs can use the same tool and collaborate on performance testing.
Leverage existing k6 features and use a familiar API inspired by Playwright