The summer break is over, we start to creep towards autumn, and we at k6 haven't been resting on our laurels. What happened since the k6 v0.33.0 release? So glad you asked! The below. And then some!
🙌 v0.34.0 released
k6 v0.34.0 is here! It introduces the already announced k6/execution API, allowing you to access test execution context from your k6 script such as:
- scenario: name, executor, startTime, progress, iterationInInstance, and iterationInTest
- instance: iterationsInterrupted, iterationsCompleted, vusActive, vusInitialized, and currentTestRunDuration
- vu: iterationInstance, iterationInScenario, idInTest, idInInstance, and idInTest
You can access this information as follows:
The v0.34.0 release also includes other enhancements and minor bug fixes. To the release notes!
Talking about bugs... we're actually on v0.34.1, a patch with a few fixes.
☁️ Cloud APM
With the new and improved UI you can set up one or many Cloud APM integrations for your organizations, and use the Test Builder to configure the integration for each test. Visit the docs for more info...
🔎 Thresholds dashboards
The new Thresholds page helps you track and manage all your organization’s thresholds. Find tests with failing thresholds, check which project they belong to, their current status and history, and if there are patterns that need your attention. Learn more...
🔌 Grafana Plugin
We launched the official k6 Grafana Data Source Plugin, which allows you to view your test results stored in k6 Cloud in - you guessed it - your Grafana dashboard, so that it can live with your other data.
🤝 We're #hiring
We’re hiring! Just this month we welcomed Ohla Yevtushenko & İnanç Gümüş to the k6 OSS maintainers team. But we’re still looking for Frontend Engineers, Python devs, and Developer Advocates: k6.io/jobs
Curious what working at a remote-first company is like? Pawel Suwala, CTO, talked about our release cycles and engineering culture, on the blog!
- Benchmarking Redis with k6 [k6 blog]
- k6 Load Testing Debugging Using a Web Proxy [k6 blog] #fiddler
- How to Perform Load Testing with k6 using Google Cloud Build [k6 blog] #GCP #CICD
- Automated website performance testing with GitHub Actions, k6 and Cloudflare Workers [console.dev]
- How Grafana uses k6 for developing Grafana [Grafana blog]
- Feature toggling transient errors in load tests [NRK beta blog] #resiliency #performance
- Introducing TestRail in your K6 tests [dev.to] #CI #Azure
- Real-time stress: AnyCable, k6, WebSockets, and Yabeda [Evil Martians]
📺 Must watch
- Nicole van der Hoeven's New Relic FutureStack conference talk Schrödinger's Pokémon: Observability for chaotic load testing was released
- Simme Aronsson's talk at SLOconf "Error Economics: How to avoid breaking the budget"
- NaveenKumar Namachivayam (QAInsights) did a series on learning k6
- Watch our Office Hours on-demand
Don't want miss a thing? Sign up for free and you'll get updates just like these delivered straight to your inbox!